September 4, 2013: I wrote this last November, after being released as Primary president. I never finished, never published it to permanence. But I don't want my thoughts to slip away into nothing because those Primary years were truly a Joy. So, though this writing is in a rough state, I'm clicking the publish box now.
What I learned from Primary:
- Children are reverent when we are reverent.
- Music is powerful.
- The Spirit taught when I put props aside and put my trust in the Lord instead.
- There will always be problems to solve, callings to fill.
- Every human - little or large - LOVES to hear their name & be known.
- Teachers make the biggest impact. Do you remember the Stake Primary President from when you were young? The ward Primary president? No. You remember your teachers. That influence can be profound.
- The Lord truly has the power to make you more than you are on your own.
- My boys are my biggest fans.